Are you are frustrated at times in your leadership team meetings?
“How are we going?” is a worthwhile question for leaders to ask their team every few months. Reviewing progress helps to keep your team purpose and ways of doing things relevant in the face of change. Consider group membership, direction and emphasis, and the relevance of your agenda.
Here are six areas to assess your team ensure your meetings are fit for purpose. Your responses to them will keep conversations focused, and ensure meetings are relevant and engaging for everyone involved.
- What is the purpose of our leadership team meetings?
- How satisfied am I with my participation and contributions in these meetings?
- How well do our meetings assist with:
- The smooth running of the overall business:
- Leading our business units
- Helping me make decisions and take action to progress the business
- How well we develop our staff
- Our customer and stakeholder satisfaction.
- How well do our leadership team meetings benefit our staff in their work?
- For our meetings to be relevant, satisfying and compelling, what are one or two suggestions I could offer to improve any of these areas?
- Who in the team do I need to strengthen a working relationship with to assist these meetings be more satisfying for everyone involved?
Contact Diana and discuss a team review for your leadership meetings
© Diana Jones