Are you are frustrated at times in your leadership team meetings?
“How are we going?” is a worthwhile question for leaders to ask themselves every few months. Reviewing progress helps to keep your team purpose and ways of doing things appropriate in the face of change. Consider group membership, direction and emphasis, clarity of objectives.
Here are six areas you might use to help assess your team ensure your meetings are fit for purpose. Your responses to them will help in keeping the conversations focused, and ensures meetings are relevant and engaging for everyone involved.
- What is the purpose of our leadership team meetings?
- How satisfied am I with my participation and contributions in these meetings?
- How well do our meetings assist with:
- The smooth running of the overall business
- Me leading my business unit
- Helping me make decisions and take action to progress the business
- Our client/customer satisfaction?
4. How well do these leadership team meetings benefit staff in their work?
5. For these meetings to be relevant, satisfying and compelling, what are one or two suggestions I could offer to improve any of these areas?
6. Who in the team do I need to strengthen a working relationship with to assist these meetings be more satisfying for everyone involved?
Contact Diana and discuss a team review for your leadership meetings
© Diana Jones,The Organisation Development Company 2013.